Color-Change Watering Guide for Houseplants: PlantDoc!
$25.00 — Sold Out
PlantDocs are currently being made, with a new shape coming!; please click the 'NOTIFY ME' button above to be emailed when we are back in stock.
✓ Plant Moisture Meter ✓ Vibrant Color Change Indicator ✓ Biodegradable
Introducing the new and improved PlantDoc! We've been working hard on our invention for the last year to improve on every aspect of it, especially the price!
PlantDoc is a patent-pending creation from Daphne’s Botanicals. It’s a color-changing, completely biodegradable moisture guide for plants. Because PlantDoc is made from plant-based material, it mirrors what your houseplant is experiencing in a visually striking and simple way. PlantDoc is the perfect tool for anyone struggling with over- or under- watering plants. Just stick the PlantDoc into your plant's soil and let the smart tool do the rest: PlantDoc simply changes from white to a vibrant green when your plant's soil is wet; as the soil dries, PlantDoc turns back to white from top to bottom, telling you when to water your plant again.
PlantDoc shows you exactly what your houseplants are experiencing because its made from plant-based material. And unlike other moisture indicators, PlantDoc is completely biodegradable and will visualize your houseplant soil's water level exactly as your plant is experiencing it. You'll be amazed at how the color changing effect tells you so much about your houseplant soil's health and moisture. Because PlantDoc is biodegradable, you'll even be able to catch decomposers like mold, mushrooms or even snails that you might not otherwise see until you un-pot your plant.
- Because PlantDoc is completely biodegradable, each PlantDoc is single use, and lasts 2-4 months depending on soil wetness
- PlantDoc absorbs water, changing from white to the underlying Rhaphidophora image in about 30 minutes
- PlantDoc Rhaphidophora measures the top 2” of your plant’s soil. It works best in pots less than 8” wide.
- As the soil dries out, PlantDoc turns back to white from top to bottom; soil is still wet if you can see some green coloration at the base of the PlantDoc
- Use PlantDoc as a guide to your regular watering routines:
- Peperomias/ficuses like soil to dry completely before re-watering: make sure PlantDoc is completely white down to soil level before watering again.
- Ferns and peace lily's want consistently moist soil, so watch the base of the PlantDoc and water again before it fully returns to white.
- PlantDocs last about 2 months of use before the biodegrading process becomes noticeable, but will last longer in drier, rockier soil.
- PlantDocs should not be moved from their initial location because the stem weakens when it has absorbed water and will be hard to reinsert in new soil
HOW TO USE IT
- Insert PlantDoc into soil where it should stay.
- PlantDoc absorbs water, changing color from white to vibrant green in about 30 minutes
- As the soil dries out, PlantDoc turns back to white from top to bottom
- Soil is still wet if you can see some green at the base of PlantDoc (see photo guide)
- The way to use PlantDoc depends on the moisture preference of your houseplants:
- Peperomias/Ficuses like soil to dry completely before re-watering: make sure PlantDoc is completely white down to soil level before re-watering.
- Ferns and Peace Lily's that want evenly moist soil will need PlantDoc to be consistently showing some green at the base, don't let it fully dry out.
- No matter what you need, PlantDoc can show you exactly how wet your soil is, helping make plant care a breeze.
- PlantDocs last about 2 months before the biodegrading process becomes noticeable, but will last longer in drier, rockier soil.
- If you want to move PlantDoc to a new location, wait until it is fully dry. It's best to avoid moving it too much as the stem will become weaker after about 1 month.
- PlantDoc can be cut into pieces or used inserted differently than shown and still work, but works best when used as shown because it will directly sense the moisture in the top 2" of soil.
- PlantDoc soil moisture meter and houseplant gift
- PlantDoc is a trademarked and patent-pending creation from Daphne's Botanicals
- Made from completely biodegradable material: compost it when you're done or simply leave it to break down completely
- Choose the desired quantity and whether you would like the optional packaging box
- More savings with higher quantity and better value with the packaging-free option
- Please compost PlantDoc when you're done using it!
- If you have any questions please contact us. If you are unhappy with your PlantDoc please contact us for a return or refund! We definitely want our customers to be happy and do appreciate any feedback, good or bad, so we can always work on improving our product for you. Thank you!
- Make sure to compost PlantDoc when you're done using it!
- Visit our FAQ here for answers to questions and other helpful tips.
Email Us with any additional questions or for wholesale purchasing offers