Color-Change Watering Guide for Houseplants: PlantDoc
PlantDocs are back! New and improved with a bigger shape, the Rhaphidophora tetrasperma! See below for how-to-use PlantDoc. FREE shipping included. For wholesale inquiries, please email us.
✓ Plant Moisture Meter ✓ Vibrant Color Change Indicator ✓ Biodegradable
Introducing the new and improved PlantDoc, the Rhaphidophora tetrasperma! We've been working hard on our invention for the last year to improve on every aspect of it for you.
PlantDoc is a patent-pending creation from Daphne’s Botanicals. It’s a color-changing, completely biodegradable moisture guide for plants. Because PlantDoc is made from plant-based material, it mirrors what your houseplant is experiencing in a visually striking and simple way. PlantDoc is the perfect tool for anyone struggling with over- or under- watering plants. Just stick the PlantDoc into your plant's soil and let this smart tool do the rest: PlantDoc changes from white to green when your plant's soil is wet; as the soil dries, PlantDoc turns back to white from top to bottom, telling you when your plant's soil is dry and ready for another drink!
Unlike other moisture indicators, PlantDoc is affordable, completely biodegradable and will visualize your houseplant soil's water level exactly as your plant is experiencing it. You'll be amazed at how the color changing effect tells you so much about your houseplant soil's health and moisture. Because PlantDoc is biodegradable, you'll even be able to catch decomposers like mold, mushrooms or even snails that you might not otherwise see until you un-pot your plant.
DETAILED (BUT USEFUL AND IMPORTANT!) INFORMATION:
- SINGLE USE, 3-6 months: Because PlantDoc is completely biodegradable, each PlantDoc is single use (see below), and lasts 3-6 months depending on frequency of watering and soil wetness.
- PlantDocs should not be moved from their initial location because the stem weakens when it has absorbed water and will be hard to reinsert in new soil.
PlantDocs last about 2 months of use before the biodegrading process becomes noticeable, but will last longer in drier, rockier soil.
- PlantDoc will last longer if you avoid applying water directly onto PlantDoc.
- PlantDoc absorbs water, changing from white to green in approximately 30 minutes.
- PlantDoc Rhaphidophora tetrasperma measures the top 2” of your plant’s soil. It works best in pots less than 8” wide.
- As the soil dries out, PlantDoc turns back to white from top to bottom; soil is still wet if you can see some green coloration at the base of the PlantDoc.
HOW TO USE PLANTDOC:
INSERT PlantDoc into soil where it will remain. It's best to insert when soil is almost or already dry.
WATER your plant. PlantDoc absorbs water, changing color from white to green in about 30 minutes.
WATCH PlantDoc as the the soil dries out; PlantDoc turns back to white from top to bottom! Water again, using PlantDoc as an assistant to your normal watering routine.
COMPOST PlantDoc after use!
- Soil is still wet if you can see some green at the base of PlantDoc (see how-to use guide in product photos)
Use PlantDoc as a guide to your regular watering routine. The way to use PlantDoc depends on the moisture preference of your houseplants!
- Peperomias and succulents like soil to dry completely before re-watering: make sure PlantDoc is completely white down to soil level before watering again.
- Ferns and peace lilies want consistently moist soil, so watch the base of the PlantDoc and water again before PlantDoc fully returns to white.
VISIT OUR PlantDoc FAQs here for answers to questions and other helpful tips.
- PlantDoc is a soil moisture meter and makes a great houseplant gift!
- PlantDoc is a trademarked and patent-pending creation from Daphne's Botanicals.
- PlantDoc is made from completely biodegradable material: we highly encourage you to compost when you're done or simply leave it in the soil to break down completely.
- Choose your desired quantity and whether you would like the optional gift/instructional box.
- We know you'd like a PlantDoc for each of your plants; therefore you get more savings and better value when you purchase PlantDocs in higher quantities without the gift/instructional box.
- If you have any questions please contact us; if you are unhappy with your PlantDoc PLEASE contact us for a return or refund! We definitely want our customers to be happy and do appreciate any feedback (the good, the bad, and the ugly) because we are always working to improve our product and process for you. Thank you!
Email Us with any additional questions or for wholesale purchasing offers.